We are a group of social science / technology researchers in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences at Michigan State University. Collectively, we conduct research at the intersection of behavior, information, and technology. We are located in the Communication Arts and Sciences building in room 251.
We have a number of active projects going on right now. We are currently funded by almost $1.5 million in external grants from the US National Science Foundation, Google, and Facebook:
- $274,000 NSF Grant CNS-1116544 to study how people think about security
- $257,000 NSF Grant CNS-1115926 to study how people think about security
- $415,000 NSF Grant CCF-1101266 to study crowdfunding websites
- $486,000 NSF Grant IIS-1217212 to study algorithmic curation in social media
- $489,000 NSF Grant IIS-1350253 to study online communities.
- $40,000 Google Grant to study social media use in Kenya
- $40,000 Facebook Gift to study social media use in Kenya
The easiest way to contact us is to email one or more of the PIs for the lab:
To get in contact with BITlab, please email firstname.lastname@example.org To email everyone in the lab at once (including students), just send email to email@example.com. Additionally, each project has its own mailing list.